VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — Six individuals have been displaced by a hearth Friday on Diana Lee Court docket in Virginia Seashore.
Regardless of efforts to revive them, a cat and two birds additionally died after the fireplace.
The decision got here in reporting the residential hearth at 2:10 p.m. Friday within the 3300 block of Diana Lee Court docket, in line with hearth officers.
The fireplace appeared to have began within the kitchen. Crews arrived on scene to seek out mild smoke coming from the home. They had been instructed there have been two birds and a cat inside.
Firefighters had been unable to save lots of the cat, despite the fact that they administered oxygen to it exterior the house.
The fireplace was out by 2:37 p.m.
There have been no accidents to residents or firefighters.
The American Pink Cross is aiding the individuals who have been displaced.
The trigger is beneath investigation.
Stick with WAVY.com for updates.
Get the free WAVY Information App, obtainable for obtain within the App Retailer and Google Play, to remain updated with all of your native information, climate and sports activities, dwell newscasts and different dwell occasions.