113th Birth anniversary of Homi Jehangir Bhabha– Indian nuclear physicist Homi Jehangir Bhabha was born on 30 October 1909 in Bombay, Bombay Presidency, British India (now Mumbai, Maharashtra, India). he is also known as the father of the Indian nuclear program.
- He paid contributions to the field of science continue to inspire generations of young minds in the country.
- On 24 January 1966, Bhabha died when Air India Flight 101 crashed near Mont Blanc.
- Homi J Bhabha served as the founding director and professor of physics at the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR).
- Homi J Bhabha was also the founding director of the Atomic Energy Establishment, Trombay (AEET).
- In 1942, Bhabha was honored with the Adams Prize and Padma Bhushan in 1954.
- In 1951 and 1953–1956, Bhabha was also nominated for the Nobel Prize for Physics.
- In January 1933, Bhabha obtained his doctorate in nuclear physics after publishing his first scientific paper-“The Absorption of Cosmic radiation”.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.