Today Current Affairs 31 August 2022 – Current Affairs for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
50th All Manipur Shumang Leela Festival 2021-2022
The 50th All Manipur Shumang Leela Festival 2021-2022 started at Iboyaima Shumang Leela Shanglen at Palace Compound in Imphal. Manipur Governor La Ganesan and Chief Minister N Biren Singh were also present during the inaugural function.
- Shumang Leela is a traditional form of theatre in Manipur and the roles of female artists are all played by male actors and male characters are played by female artists.
- Shumang Leela Groups of the early stage aims to preserve and promote humanism, tolerance, confidence, devotion, truth and justice through their performances.
CM Ashok Gehlot starts Rural Olympic Games in Rajasthan
Rajasthan chief minister Ashok Gehlot has Kicked Off a month-long Rajiv Gandhi Rural Olympic Games in Jodhpur. The Rural Olympic Games in Rajasthan can see the participation of 44,000 villages across Rajasthan, with nearly 30 lakh people across various age groups already registering themselves for the games Out of the 30 lakh participants, 9 lakh are women.
- Rural Olympic Games will have various games like volleyball, hockey, tennis ball cricket and kho kho.
- Talented sportspersons will participate in the events and will help in promoting them further for participation in national and international sports events.
Rupee falls to all-time low of 80.15 against U.S. dollar
The rupee devalued 31 paise to an all-time low of 80.15 against the U.S. dollar in early trade tracking the strength of the American currency and firm crude oil prices. the rupee opened at 80.10 against the dollar, then lost ground to quote at 80.15, registering a fall of 31 paise from the last close at the interbank foreign exchange.
- As per Anil Kumar Bhansali, Head of Treasury, Finrex Treasury Advisors, the rupee opened on a weak note after a hawkish Powell kept U.S. rate hikes in prominence until inflation falls to 2%.
- “With 80 being allowed to be crossed over by RBI, its actions will be watched closely by traders. The next important events are PMI and NFPR of the US which will give an indication as to how the economy and labour markets are behaving,”
IndiGo joins WEF’s “Clear Skies for Tomorrow” sustainability campaign
the largest airline in the nation Clear Skies for Tomorrow: IndiGo has joined a sustainable effort led by the World Economic Forum (WEF). IndiGo airline has joined the Clear Skies for Tomorrow, which is the India Coalition initiative as a signatory. IndiGo’s dedication to deploying sustainable initiatives will help in achieving a substantial scale for SAF (Sustainable Aviation Fuel) to attain a critical mass and bring in cost-efficiency for wide adoption in the country.
- Clear Skies for Tomorrow aims to establish commercially feasible SAF production (both bio and synthetic) at scale for industry adoption by 2030.
Bloomberg Billionaires Index: Gautam Adani becomes world third richest person
India’s Gautam Adani has now become the third (3rd) richest person in the world With a total net worth of USD 137.4 billion and overtakes Louis Vuitton chairman Bernard Arnault. The rankings were released by Bloomberg Billionaires Index, come as business conglomerate Adani Group’s chairman, 60-year-old Adani is now behind business magnate Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos in the ranking.
- Reliance chief Mukesh Ambani has been ranked at 11 with a total of USD 91.9 billion worth as per the latest Bloomberg Billionaires Index.
- The net worth of Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos is currently at USD 251 billion and USD 153 billion, respectively.
Bengaluru 2nd In Asia-Pacific In Tech Hubs
As per the report called ‘Tech Cities: The Global Intersection of Talent and Real Estate’ by Cushman and Wakefield, Bengaluru has ranked second place in the term of the Asia Pacific region in the top tech hubs list and China’s Beijing topped In Asia-Pacific In Tech Hubs. The report analysed as many as 115 different ‘tech cities across the world. After Beijing and Bengaluru, three other Indian cities Chennai, Delhi and Hyderabad have been listed in the report. Mumbai and Pune were ranked in the top-10 list with 8th and 9th place in a list of 14 cities from the APAC.
- sectors include defense organizations, public sector industries, aerospace, biotechnology companies, educational institutions, healthcare and research institutes.
The Last Soviet leader Who Ended the Cold War Mikhail Gorbachev Dies aged 91
Mikhail Gorbachev, who as the last leader of the Soviet Union waged a losing battle to salvage a crumbling empire but produced extraordinary reforms that led to the end of the Cold War, died at the age of 91. Gorbachev was suffering from a long illness. Gorbachev stayed in power between 1985 and 1991 and helped bring US-Soviet relations out of a deep freeze and was the last surviving Cold War leader.
- He won the Nobel Peace Prize for negotiating a historic nuclear arms pact with US leader Ronald Reagan in 1990 and also earned him the scorn of many Russians who lamented the end of their country’s role as a global superpower.
Eminent economist Abhijit Sen passes away at 71
Renowned economist and former Planning Commission member, Abhijit Sen has passed away at the age of 72. Abhijit Sen was a member of the Planning Commission between 2004 and 2014, during the tenure of PM Manmohan Singh. He was honoured with the Padma Bhushan for public service in 2010.
- He taught economics at Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi, and has several important government positions like the chair of the Commission of Agricultural Cost and Prices.
- He made contributions in areas such as minimum support prices, rural economy and rural employment.
International Whale Shark Day 2022
Every year, International Whale Shark Day is celebrated on August 30 across the world to commemorate this occasion (International Whale Shark Day 2022), try to understand the purpose. International Whale Shark Day 2022 aims to boost awareness of the value of whale sharks and the need for their conservation.
- International Whale Shark Day aims to honour these incredible marine animals.
- It also offers an opportunity to spread knowledge about the value of conservation.
- Whale sharks are legally protected in numerous nations, such as the US, Australia, and Brazil!
International Day of the Victims of Enforced Disappearances 2022
Every year, International Day of the Victims of Enforced Disappearances is observed globally on the 30th of August by the United Nations (UN) in order to express deep concern regarding the rise in enforced or involuntary disappearances in different regions of the world including the incidents of arrest, detention and abduction. As per the UN, over 6,000 people were registered as missing in Kosovo since 1999. Therefore, the resource centre for missing persons in Kosovo was initiated by the UN.
- UN General Assembly designated the International Day of the Victims of Enforced Disappearances through its resolution 65/209 on 21 December 2010 to highlight its deep concern about the increase in enforced or involuntary disappearances.
National Small Industry Day 202
Every year, the National Small Industry Day is observed on 30 August in India in order to support and promote small Industries for their overall growth potential and opportunities received for their development. The day also highlights the contribution of small industries to the country’s growth. The day make an opportunity for the central and state governments to encourage and support small industries. These small businesses generate employment for a large number of people across the country.
International Day for People of African Descent 2022
Every year, The International Day for People of African Descent is observed on 31 August across the world. the day aims to promote the extraordinary contributions of the African diaspora around the world and to eliminate all forms of discrimination against people of African descent.
- In 2021, The day was first celebrated, halfway through the International Decade for People of African Descent (2015-2024), which calls for concrete actions on the part of states and other members of the international community to promote recognition, justice and development.
******** END ********
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.